Thursday, November 26, 2009

Week 10 - Watch videos and post response.

The videos were very helpful in understanding the importance of using technology in the classroom. During practicum I learned that it is a lot harder than I thought it would be to implement technology inmy classroom, or with my class.I thought it was a great idea to use cameras to capture pictures of spiders then post them online an dcompare them with a class from another state. This helps the students learn how to work in groups and also makes them feel important and useful in participating on a great mount of the assignment. On the brown bear video I liked how the teacher told her students to think. I believe technology can totally help students wih their critical thinking. On the habitats video I loved how they had to use multimedia software for their presentation, this helps them with experience using technology and it helps them with the public speaking skills. And I also liked that they had to list their sources and make sure they understood copyright laws. Technology is really a great tool in a teachers and students lives, it enhances learning and so many other skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment