Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Week 2: Web 2.0

This was a long week in IP&T 287 , but at the same time so fun. I loved all the things I learned. I am starting to realize that things are not so hard as we think they are. We can really do this. the first thing I created was the wiki website:


I think the website I was able to learn the most was the wiki. I thought it was so useful to learn hoe to embed things into a website and to make your own iframe, in a case that embedding might not be available or might not work, it is always helpful to have a second option. I loved wiki. It is a great tool I can use to organize my lessons in a interesting and in a more fun way for students. I think wiki can make teachers lives so easy when preparing a lesson, you can just go to that website and everything will be in one place, things you have prepared. It's simple and it opens up ways to make teaching life easier. And here is a screenshot of my friend and I talking about the wiki website.

Goodreads is a great chance to get good idea of books and to start good discussions about books. I even found a friend from Brazil. And added a book to my book list: Ira Sleeps Over. And gave my comment on why it is a good book.

Diigo is a great website to organize the websites you go to the most, and it also gives you a chance to get good ideas from other people of great website we may have never heard of before.

I loved google reader because it is another great way you have to organize the things you always read. To have it all in one place can be very helpful.


Even though this week took me a lot of time to complete everything, it was worth it because i learned some great things, specially on wiki. I didn't think of anything as difficult, but the part I took longest to do was embedding a video on a wiki page, which wouldn't work so I did the iframe thing and it was great. 

So that was week two!

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention about the survey i created on surveymonkey. Pretty interesting and great way to assess to your students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camila,

    You did a great job on your wiki! I liked the picture of you and your family and I liked that you embedded the video. Did you know that you can click Edit Sidebar and add all your wiki pages on the sidebar so they can be easier for people to find? (like I have it on the class webpage) Just something to know for the future. I am glad that you liked Google Reader. I use it almost everyday. I am loving your blog and wiki. Excellent job. You are right about surveymonkey. It is a great way to assess your students and it is pretty easy to use too.

    ReplyDelete